A Predominant Use Study determines if more than 50% of the energy of each company meter is expended on services eligible for sales tax exemption on the electric bill. If the qualifying usage is over 50%, then the whole bill is eligible for the tax exemption up to the previous 4 years.
– Exempt Status from Sales Tax on Electrical Usage
– Refund sales taxes paid up to the past 48 months
– Identifies major energy consuming equipment
– Energy consuming equipment is profiled and quantified
Scope of Services
– In order to determine if a company is eligible, ENVI will perform an on-site evaluation of the facility.
– ENVI utilizes trained, insured personnel to undergo the assessment and obtain the necessary information at the facility.
– Every predominant use study will be reviewed and sealed by a licensed, registered in the state of Texas, Professional Engineer.
– ENVI provides a Predominant Use Study Report with the engineer’s Texas seal to certify the study.
– ENVI submits all necessary documentation to the state of Texas for approval.